28 May 2009

The fading remnant of a song

Yesterday I suddenly woke up from sleep in the night just before the beginning of dawn. I was dreaming. Now I cannot recollect what the dream was all about. Actually, I am unable to say convincingly whether it was a dream at all. But, there had been something that I felt before I woke up. What was it? There was a feeling in me. It was that I had been hearing a very sweet melodious song. I tried to remember the wording of the song but I could not. I had heard it in the last line when it was fading as if moving far from me. The most peculiar thing was that I had a feeling that I knew the whole song and its beautiful tune. It had been so captivating that I felt it was a song sung for my life; actually, it was a call for me where I live in my unknown existence. Naturally, I sought to hear it again and perhaps I wanted to remember myself in that song after waking up. I felt that I had been living for this song and I could live till the last day of my life for the sake of this song. I had wanted to know and hear and understand many things in my life but when I heard the fading remnant of the tune I had known it for certain that all the response of my seeking was carried through this tune. As I woke up, I was deeply sad and thought that I missed it forever. At the same time I went on thinking that, it was something that one could never miss. It was like missing oneself! I knew it and but I could not remember. If I ever remembered it I would discover myself!

1 comment:

&& said...

Dreams...

I've had very strange dreams. They were dreams in wich there was more life and reality than it exist when one wakes up.
And I've had blacks dreams in which only exist death and despair.
In fact, I don't believe in the distinction of dream-reality.
We are!...can not be otherwise.

And dreams are just another landscape of our existence.

Greetings.

Jordi.

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.